Friday, February 24, 2006

Giant Drag

if the album kept up pace with the first song, kevin is gay, this would possibly be the best album to be released all year long. I can't quite place the song but it reminds me of the first time I listened to the Breeders. The only thing that makes it anything short of f**ing brilliant is that it's not terribly original sounding and essentially recycles, well, the breeders and my bloody valentine. but then again recycling is a good thing, right? in this case it is. the mbv influence is especially obvious on the first couple of tracks and, although such obviousness is a little off putting, I got over it pretty quickly and frankly there are far worse influences to have. sort of similar to autolux in that way - solid without reinventing the wheel.

No comments: