Friday, January 27, 2006

WO05 - M.I.A.


Technically, not one of the worst albums of '05 but I just really feel like bitching about the music that is being hyped out of proportion. And I was excited to hear this album. But I wish I hadn't. C'mon, this is just shit. Ok, it is cool to go postpone the release because she felt like contributing the vocals to an album with Diplo and, yeah, she has some political opinions to express - though I don't know why we should give a damn about the political opinion's of musicians. Music and politics have never mixed particularily well and, well, maybe I'm old fashioned but music should be about emotions and feelings and all that shit but not about politics or reason or logic. If you have something so profound to say, wouldn't it make sense just to write a book. At any rate, the music did nothing for me and I find the whole album kinda annoying, neither hard enough not poppy enough.

No comments: